Thursday, November 25, 2010

New Beginnings, Old Ideas

I have spent a good portion of the year purging various odds and ends as well as defining myself and our family. A lot of progress has been made. Last night, I had the opportunity to cleanse myself of the old negative and refresh/renew with the positive.

I have done pretty well with defining the family as well as getting my belief system into check. There is one exception and that is where my political beliefs lie. I am working to define that, right now, I am not seeing myself attached to a party affiliation. I am having a difficult time understanding what each party stands for and in this political season, I have seen a lot of sensationalist garbage from both of the major political parties. I understand the benefits of rallying behind one party, however perhaps I will just need to concede to choosing the best candidate for the position and continue living as a responsible American.

I am working on the definition of a responsible American. More research will need to be done.

I know that some values I am working on include the following:
Save your pennies
Help your neighbor
Practice Self Restraint
Reduce Reuse Recycle
Leave the area better looking than when you found it
Take only what you need
Use what you take
Practice selflessness
Take care of yourself
Take care of your family
Plan on paying for own retirement
Be Independent
Understand my rights
Play nice with others
Understand that we have our strengths and weaknesses
I set my own bar
Inspiration comes in many forms. Recognize and use wisely
Continue to grow and move forward
Just Keep swimming.
See a need fill a need

No comments:

Post a Comment